No one ever likes going on a diet. We don’t like restrictions, missing out on the “good stuff” or to be told no, even when the person saying no is yourself.
Day 1 is usually pretty good. You are pumped up, prepped and ready to change your world. Yes, you feel a little hungry but it’s worth it, right?
This past week I have muddled through several insecurities, battled with snacking of the mind, food addictions of the bread sort and came out on top. I ate my meals without ketchup and bbq sauce. I even ate a salad sans dressing. *shock and horror* all while on the road to a book signing.
Do you know want to know a few things I learned?
- Salad is disgusting without dressing!
- Meat does NOT taste as good without some sort of sugary additive
- I would never have become an over eater without those two!
- It is possible to find something to eat for breakfast at a gas station…if you duck down REALLY low and search the bottom shelf for the healthy stuff
- I snack when I work out of habit, not hunger.
- Without carbs and grains to fuel my need to eat I can actually FORGET about food. How weird is that?
- I sleep so much better when I’m active.
- While everyone else around me ate foods I couldn’t I stayed focused and built PRIDE instead of my waist line.
- Water isn’t tasteless. It’s refreshing, especially on a hot sticky summer’s day.
- I lost 7.5lbs this week because I believed in myself.
Viva la vitality!