Looking back at this past year, I realize that I’m lucky to have survived with minimal brain damage haha. Going into 2014 my husband I knew that this was a building year. We had big travel plans, writing goals and life events on top. We knew it would be hectic but we were eager to jump in.
Flash forward to the end of the year and here’s a little of what happened in our life.
1. I wrote stuff. (I’m up to 14 books written but not all have been published yet!)
2. Traveled a LOT. (Attended and traveled to 12 book signings)
3. Met some pretty amazing people. (Authors, readers, bloggers, bookies, etc.)
4. Hosted Penned Con. (Best event I’ve ever hosted)
5. Bought a new house with ongoing renovations (oh dear lord, will it ever end???)
6. Wrote more stuff. (Yep. It’s ongoing!)
7. Sold a few books. (No clue how many. I don’t pay attention to that kind of stuff haha)
8. Got a fantastic agent. (Italia Gandolfo is my rockstar!)
9. Made some soon to be announced deals for 2015. (Shh. It’s a secret!)
10. Enjoyed life with my family. (Need to do more of that for 2015)
I wrote a lot in 2014. So much that many of my friends were worried that I would burn out. In truth, at times I started to wonder the same thing. Then Christmas came and I took a 2 week break and went INSANE! No. Literally. My insomnia came back. My headaches kicked my butt. Turns out…writing is good for my health 🙂
So here are my writing goals for 2015
- Fall back in love with writing.
- Clean out email daily so no messages goes unanswered.
- Rely on RCPR for more marketing help.
- Increase FB, blog, Twitter and newsletter followers.
- Try something new.
- Don’t be afraid.
- Ignore the drama.
- Always be passionate.
- Avoid burnout.
- Write what I love.
- Always push myself.
- Take breaks when needed.
- Don’t stress on things out of my control.
- Meet my deadlines.
- Have fun!
I’ve got some really cool things coming in 2015 and I for one can not wait to see what new things this year has to offer!
What do you most look forward to this year?