Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a wonderful 2013, and if you didn’t…today is a new day.
I know a lot of you like to set of resolutions so I figured I would share a few of mine with you.
1. Read more than 6 books this year. Honestly, I’m totally embarrassed at just how little fun reading I did last year. I want to read at LEAST 1 book a month this year.
2. I am gearing up to start sending out a monthly newsletter with all of my upcoming book signing locations, promo info on new books, and general and completely random facts that you might not know about me. If you would like to be included in that newsletter please fill out this google doc: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1L2mhOcq7D4n1WNN_zrEAP4jtu39tr33rRJe54Nyqpww/viewform
3. I am going to be adding a promo section on my blog that will include announcements on indie authors that you might not have had a chance to get to know yet. I’ll share cover reveals, author interviews and release dates so you can stay in the know.
4. I am going to ATTEMPT to keep set work hours so I can enjoy life beyond my books. As much as I love being an author, I’m a wife and mother first and foremost and I gotta get my personal life back to normal.
5. Meet a ton of new readers in 2014. I ADORE meeting all of you, whether via social media or in person at book signings.
6. Get out of my comfort zone more.
7. Finish up the AROTAS novels, RISING Trilogy, IMMORTAL ROSE Trilogy and HALLOWED REALMS Trilogy.
8. Write my REMNANT series and pitch it to a publisher. I’ve been waiting for 2 years to get back to work on these books and I’m dying to do it!
9. I would love to become a USA today bestseller in 2014. A lofty goal, but hey…it’s a goal list, right?
10. I want to hit 10,000 likes on my author page on facebook. www.facebook.com/AmyMiles.Author I figured it out and I need to add 16 likes per day to hit my goal by Dec 31st. I think I can do it 🙂
I’m a firm believer that if you don’t set goals, you really have no direction in your life. So these are my basic goals. I’ve got some more in depth ones but I won’t bore you with them 🙂
Wishing you a fantastic 2014 and HAPPY READING!