For those of you who don’t know yet, my husband and I are hosting a huge author event in St. Louis Sept 12-13, 2014. We have nearly 90 authors, many NYT and USA Today bestsellers that will be attending PENNED CON 2014.
We have just released the official event schedule. Check it out and see what panels you want to sit in on with your fave authors.
Friday Sept 12, 2014
7am-8am Registration. Book signing room will be open
8am-9am Opening. Giveaways. Keynote Speaker- Jasinda Wilder
9-9:30am Break to wander through book signing room
9:30-10:15am What’s Trendy with Indie’s? Panel
10-10:45am Battle Axes to Skimpy Dresses Panel
10:30-11:15am The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Panel
11-11:45am Bad to the Bone Panel
12-1pm Lunch Break
1-1:30pm Book signing room reopens. Prep for afternoon sessions
1:30-2:15pm Mark Coker’s APPLE MERCHANDISING class
2-2:45pm Wings, Fangs and Fur Panel
2:30-3:15pm Let’s Talk about Sex Panel
3-4pm 3,2,1 GO! A multi-author interactive session
4pm- doors to book signing room close
Saturday Sept 13, 2014
8-9am Registration. Book signing room opens
9-10am Opening. Giveaways. Keynote speaker- Hugh Howey
10-10:30am Break to stalk fave authors
10:30-11:15am Battle of the Sexes Panel
11-11:45am Judge a Book by its Cover Panel
1-1:45pm Mark Coker TOP TEN TRENDS session
1:30-2:15pm Book Boys We Can’t Live Without Panel
2-2:45pm And Then There Were Two Panel
3-4pm Closing. Keynote Speaker: Abbi Glines (Author tear down)
4pm- Doors to signing room close to set up for awards ceremony
6pm Red Carpet Photo Op with friends and authors. Doors open.
6:30-8 Awards ceremony
Check out our line up for Penned Con 2014’s panels. Make sure you start planning which ones you want to attend because each of these will be an open forum, where YOU the reader get to ask the questions you’ve been dying to ask.
- What’s Trendy with Indies? Where is the Indie market heading for 2014-2015? Will Romance still be in or will fantasy reclaim its popularity? What will be the next craze?
- Battle Axes to Skimpy Dresses. How fantasy authors are successfully making the transition into the romance genre.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Getting real about editing, beta readers and dealing with book reviews.
- Bad to the Bone. When BAD BOYS make us want to embrace our darker side.
- Wings, Fangs and Fur. Is paranormal a dying breed or is it still in our blood?
- Let’s Talk About Sex. Behinds closed doors or letting it all hang out? The nitty gritty of writing a killer sex scene.
- Battle of the Sexes. Is having a male author name (pen name initials) better than selling as a female?
- Judge a Book By Its Cover. How to create an eye-catching cover without breaking the bank and the hot cover models we all want to drool over.
- Book Boys We CAN’T Live Without. How to create steamy guys who melt our hearts and ensnare our dreams.
- And Then There Were Two. How to create an unforgettable couple that will leave fans begging for just one more book.
- Apple Merchandising and Top Ten trends: Marketing classes with Mark Coker, founder of Smashwords.
- 3,2,1, go! A multi-author interactive group session with authors, fans and bloggers to chat about all things books.