I did it! I completed 50,000 words during the month of November. Well done to all of you who have done the same and to those of you struggling to finish…stop watching tv, reading a book or goofing off on Facebook. Write!
Now…my thoughts on this journey for those of you who haven’t attempted this feat yet.
- Trying to work on a sequel which takes a lot of thinking and planning is not a good idea for Nano
- Editing…yeah I still have to do it as I go!
- Word counter how I love to hate you!
- Writing buddies are invaluable
- The feeling you get when you know you’ve reached your goal…PRICELESS!
For those of you who have never given Nano a try I highly suggest you do so next year.
Many people look at the 50,000 word mark and convince themselves they can’t do it. Trust me…it can be done but it takes a lot of effort, time management and a good idea.
My goal for next year’s Nano:
- start a completely new project for Nano
- stop obsessively updating my word count
- spend time helping others reach their goals
- increase word count to 70,000
- do my “I did it” dance again!